Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Aoki Ookami to Shiroki Mejika: Genchou Hishi

Photobucket
Preface: This Blog is dedicated to the Koei series of historical simulation games known to its english speaking audience as Genghis Khan. The last game in the series was released last year for Japanese cellphones. The last console version of the game was released in 1999 in Japan only. The last game to come here was on the Super Nintendo known as Genghis Khan 2: Clan of the gray wolf in 1993.

A little about me "Sartaq Khan". I'm male, caucasian, pushing 30, and love video games. I've been playing this game on and off since 1995. Its one of my favorite game of all time.

NAME: Aoki Ookami (blue wolf) is Genghis Khan and the horizon is looking at the future.
Photobucket
GOAL: I hope to start interest and build/gather a english speaking/reading community towords a goal of having a "perfect" version of Genghis Khan 2 for our audience. If I am successful or not I will spend my spare time on trying to acheive this goal. Meaning if I have to hack a rom or an iso by my lonesome I will.
Photobucket
Perfect version?: By Perfect version I envision two things...

A translated version of the Japanese SNES cart(1 MB size) with the ability to pick any one of the 50+ rulers in the game. The Japanese version has the harem subgame left in it. Using a little common sense each ruler will have a wife already in the game and sons already in the game(Example 1271 country 8 Boraq and his son Dua) and tweeking the AI a little bit to allow for capable military commander to plan escape routes and Supreme Rulers like Kublai Khan not to put themselves in harms way.

&

A translated version of the Japanese PSX 1998 remake. The remake has Romance of the Three Kingdom styled bios, an additional starting scenario "genpei wars 1180 Japan", voice acting, full score, movie ending(s?), new portraits, and hopefully hidden stuff I havn't unlocked yet. Just translating this would be satisfying enough for me. 70-75% of the game has already been translated through older versions. The hardest part translating would be figuring out for example if ワラン Waran is Qaran a hundred or so times over.

Starting Point: Starts at the promotional screen. I've looked through the internet communities and there is only life within the Gamefaqs SNES board for Genghis Khan 2. If you have ideas, experience, the ability to read Japanese, interest, treasure, or encouragement to give lets make this the starting point for the Perfect version of Genghis Khan 2! Maybe in the future taking a crack at Genghis Khan 4 will be realistic!

-Sartaq Khan

3 comments:

Sartaq Khan said...

Qaran/Waran is actually Genghis Khan's second wife QULAN Khatun, daughter of DAYIR USUN of the Merkits(the advisor of 8 Lake Balai).

Sartaq Khan said...

Qulan

Unknown said...

Good game. That is all